- Problems with PayPal merchant accounts. They
can lock your account and any money in it. They will not return the money for 6 months, if any is left after
your customers cancel their orders.
- Problems with ICVerify (credit card processing software by
First Data and sold by many banks) Crashes (critical error) if you do a operating system upgrade or repair
install, requires new clean install. NO backup facility, so you can not restore your data after a ICVerify
or hard drive crash, etc (you will lose your data). NOT SUPPORTED to run on Windows 7 (4.0.3 will run under
Windows 7) and the new "required and you have to pay for update" version (4.0.4) will not run on Windows 7.
Excuse Me, this is a $300.00 piece of software!
- Remote Desktop Multi-Monitor Support doesn't work under Windows 7 Professional, only spanned.
currently working with Microsoft technical support on this problem.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 locks up too often, losing what I have been working on. I think it is a memory
problem. I am running Windows 7 Untimate on a 8 gig memory machine.
- Credit Card Refund: If you refund part of a credit card charge and the customer claims they didn't
place the charge, the credit card company will not only refund the outstanding portion of the charge
but also the already refunded amount. I think the customer who did this to me as a credit card scam.
He wound up with about $100.00 in merchandise PLUS about $100.00 in cash. Luckly I was able to fight
this with the credit card company and finally got the duplicated amount returned, otherwise he would
have made another $240.00.
- Windows Backup under Windows 7 Home Premium took 4 days to restore the data from a crashed hard drive
to the new one. It was only about 36 Gigs of data.